Monday, May 22, 2006

The Poop Story

The first poopy diaper I changed on Sunday was a funny color - I thought "Wow that looks really red, what in the world did I feed him?". I didn't really worry at that point.
The next dirty diaper was the same color - now I know he hasn't eaten anything red. I tell Chris and he kinda blew me off. I am not worrying at this point either.
The next dirty diaper was Chris' turn. I heard from Zach's room "Something is wrong - come in here quick!!" When I came to look - once again, it was red poop. Now Chris is starting to worry - once he is concerned I definitely become concerned.
First thing Monday morning - I call the doctor and explain what is happening. She laughed and said "Oh honey, that is not blood. The antibiotic for the ear infection will turn their poop red. He is okay."
Well I am happy that he is okay - but why didn't anyone tell me that would happen? (I know the Dr. doesn't even think about it). I called the daycare and let then know about his diapers and not to be alarmed when they change him - the assistant director said "Well isn't he on antibiotics - that happens."
I guess these are the things we learn with kids - poop can be many colors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through a similar thing the first time I gave Chris red kool aid. His urine was red and looked like blood! After I pulled my heart out of my stomach I called the dr and felt like a fool when they told me it was the Kool aid! Being a 1st time parent can be both fun and interesting!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »