Sunday, May 14, 2006

Blanket Bandit

Mother's Day - we decided to check out the Wentzville flea market. We were about half-way around the place when I realized that Zach's blanket was missing. I completely froze and started looking around frantically. I told Chris what happened and he immediately started the search with no luck :(
Of all the blankets to lose! When I found out that I was pregnant I wanted to make a blanket for our new baby. I selected the fabric and hand-quilted the entire thing. The project took a couple of months (I am not the greatest quilter- these things take time) to complete and I could not have been more proud!!
We think that someone had to have snatched it and we nicknamed them the Blanket Bandit. It wasn't a small blanket - I would have run over it with the stroller. Anyway - I will just have faith in Kharma - what goes around comes around! What a start to my first mother's day - From now on, I will safety pin everything to Zach's stroller!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy first Mother's Day! Sorry to hear about the blanket, but hopefully it will turn up!

Kate said...

Oh no! I just hope that whoever has it can enjoy it just as much.

Happy 1st Mother's Day!