Friday, May 30, 2008

My New Addiction!

Okay, it is only sort-of a new addiction.... I have always been a bargain shopper, but lately I am playing the Walgreens game!

This can get really complicated, so stay with me here..... At Walgreens (apparently CVS has a really great program too, but we don't have those here) you can use a store coupon from the weekly ad and a manufacturer's coupon and a Walgreens Monthly Easy Saver coupon on each item you purchase. So, if you find the overlapping deals here you can save A LOT of $. Also, there are usually two days in each month that the monthly coupons overlap - that is how I got the deal below.

Here is my purchase today:
Schick Quattro Razor $9.49
Schick Quattro Razor w/ trimmer $11.99
Edge Shave Gel (2 @ 3.99) $7.98
Hawaiian Tropic Suncare Spray $10.99
Hawaiian Tropic Suncare Spray (Buy 1 Get 1 1/2Off)$4.99
Off Insect Repellent (2 @ 5.49)
Maalox Jr ChewTabs $5.99
Maalox ChewTabs $3.99
Walgreens Chapstick .99
Chapstick $1.89
Total $69.28

I had Walgreens coupons totalling $48.00
and Manufacturer's coupons totalling $12.50

I paid $8.78 +tax out of pocket!!

Oh yeah, this so much FUN!

PS - there is a $10 off your $30 purchase Today Only. The $30 has to be after all Walgreens sales and coupons. Therefore I was actually short of the $30 and had to add the chapsticks on to use the $10 coupon. Otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten those. But we use it like crazy so it will come in handy.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Andrea, you can be my personal shopper if you want. I'll send you a list of what we need!

kelly.urban Photography said...

yeah me too!!!
-kelly

AdCy said...

Hah! That's awesome! I can see how that would become addicting...