Friday, November 02, 2007

Owen's Birth Story

10/31/07 - Halloween
In the previous post, I mentioned that "we" took Zach down to Main Street for Trick-or-Treating. Oops... should have let the boys go alone.

I only made it about a block and I started having contractions. I had to stop walking. They continued all evening, but never really got worse. I was able to sleep through the night.

11/1/07 - Thursday
I felt better in the morning and went to work. I worked all morning trying to clear my desk - I was having contractions the whole time. Once again, they weren't getting "worse" - something told me it was not really labor yet. But, by 1pm I had to go home. I laid down for a little while at home and suddenly got the chills and couldn't stop shaking. I have a fever and my belly has become really sore/tender to the touch. Finally I told Chris I was ready to go to the hospital.

We arrived around 5pm - they started their admitting process. Then they had me CHUG water and 7up like crazy. The contractions started to subside. Turns out I was dehydrated and it was causing the false labor. They put me on an IV for fluids but were still concerned about the fever. They did a lot of bloodwork and couldn't figure out what was causing it. I was told to get some rest because they would be inducing in the morning.

11/2/07 - Friday

10am - Pitocin drip started.....









4pm - Epidural started.....









7:32pm - Owen Michael Urban enters the world!











No comments: